RULES: Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. I make weird noises. I started this because I'm rather small and soft and people like it when small soft things make cute noises. Its become problematic recently in that I make them when no-one else is around. If I start to slip, I automatically emit some version of "eee!"/"ipipip.." etc. Its disgusting.
2. I like pickles wrapped in bologna. Enough said.
3. I go through videogames the way most people go through food. Its annoying though because I have to keep a wide variety of games about for when I have my cravings and won't enjoy anything else.
4. I really enjoy playing DnD. really, I do. I just hate large-group DnD. The point is lost entirely.
5. I've been psychologically reinforced from a very young age to lose my purse. Its normal to lose things every once in a while, but I do it probably closer to twice a month, with some regualrity. I have yet to lose anything permanently and the people who return it are always very nice, thus I am encouraged not to learn how to keep track of it.
6. I'm named after a dog. My moms mother's name is margaret, and when my mom moved out(at the age of 15), she got pissed off and named her dog maggie, and it became a tradition, all of her dogs were named maggie, until I came along, and she named me maggie and the dog was confused for a long time.
7. I believe humans are the worst thing that ever happened to this planet.
8. I have two snakes which chould both attain lengths greather than four feet, I've worked in a pet store and handled tarantulas and scorpions without fear. I once rescued a bat that was intent on biting me, and had no issues. But bring a bee or a tick near me and I will turn into a gibbering idiot.
9. I've had more than 20 relationships. 90% unsuccessful. I mean, obviously, but unsuccessful in the fact that they clearly weren't working, but I wouldn't give up.
10. My life is rather like a sitcom. If you know me, you know what I mean.
Tag 6 people?
Yeah! I'm an intern, and despite having four and a half hour meetings that start at 8 p.m., I'm loving it. I never noticed just how many people don't give a shit about anything. I've just been immersed in people who not only care, they care a hell of a lot. Sounds weird coming from me, you say? think how odd it must be to be me and be so excited about such a phenomenal level of hard work. But, amazingly, I am. I really wanna run an 80,000 dollar business. I want to have the best marketing team, the best painters, and on a side note, pay off my next year in college.
I love my group of interns, we have another videogame nerd besides myself, a girl who'd do anything for a dare, your typical frat guy(with the added bonus of brains), Mr. honest-about-being freaked-out(which means I don't have to fess up to that), Mr. Ambition, and to top it all off, a guy who got a perfect score on his SAT and a girl who can sell anyone anything. How could I not love this job?
I find it to be interesting that oftentimes, people are bothered by the behavior of other people, but never say anything, until one day they start complaining to everyone else. This seems silly to me, perhaps I'm simply egotistical and like to tell other people about what I'm feeling and how I regard them. I think perhaps for example, if your roommates are driving you nuts because they never clean anything, maybe instead of complaining to everyone else, or writing a livejournal post about it, it would be more prudent to simply tell them that the apartment is(in your opinion) messy, and you would appreaciate some help. Because its possible, just barely, that perhaps they don't notice those little things that seem so blindingly obvious to you.
A word to the wise: If someones driving you crazy,just stop a think a second, because maybe they aren't doing it on purpose.
So lately I've been really busy, not really because of school and work, even though thats about 32 hours a week, but mostly because I've been freaking myself out. Freaking out mostly about my future, my career, my major, my grades etc. so I wanted to be a vet, but I suck at math and science, and I thought I could just get through that unfortunate bit and then be fine. At that time I lacked the information that my parents would not be paying for college the way they'd said they would. Actually they're only paying for the first year. Vet school is amazingly expensive, and once you graduate, you can expect to make a small amount more than your average teacher does. A few years down the road, you may make about 300 dollars more than that. Thats not very appealing. so I thought maybe I'd go into business. I like managing things, I'm not terribly organized but I like to make sure things run smoothly, and hey, I love the sims, so that seemed great. Unfortunately, business classes are actually the most boring things ever, and business in general is not much more interesting. SO I fell back on psychology, which has always been an interest of mine, and now I'm looking with a hopeful eye towards law, which also seems incredibly boring. Is this frustrating to read? Try going through each of these ideas every day. so, a change of plan is in order. My new plan is as follows:
Step one: Study psychology
Step two: ??
Step three: Profit.
I think I can pull this off.
So today was the last day of VBS(vacation Bible School for the uninformed) and sherry and I taught a class of 10-12 preschoolers on any given day. Preschoolers are energetic as hell, as anyone might imagine if they had half a brain. But for whatever reason much of the preschooler curriculum involves sitting still and listening to stories(without pictures) or sitting still and playing instruments nicely, which simply doesn't happen with 5 year olds. Also, there were several activities that required them to wait and watch while other children in the group performed activities. If you've ever even seen a 5 year old, you know that doesn't work well. All in all, it was a frustrating week. But today was supposed to be the end. Usually on this friday, they'd have given us a volunteer appreaciation lunch and we'd clean and go home happy. But this year, we had a visitor appreaciation snack(doritos and weak kool-aid), sans the appreaciation part. Then at 7 this evening, we were required to come back and give up yet more of our time to lead our classes in some songs for their parents and tell them what we'd done all week, and be given yet another snack(cookies and weak kool-aid). And then clean-up happened. So suckiness.
Besides that, the world is just being generally sucky. Spent my one-month anniversary apart, pretty not fun. I guess a one-month isn't a big deal to most people, but since my relatinships rarely last longer than two, it would have been nice. Also still dealing with residual psuedo-parental disapproval. But at the moment, there really isn't anyone about to make it worth it, so it makes me tired.
Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires,
let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of Love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate on love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.